Friday, January 8, 2010

Is this too much makeup/beauty maintenance for a 12 year old girl?

My 12 year old cousin wants to know if:


- occassionally curling her eyelashes


- getting eyebrows done


- wear lip gloss


- occassionally wearing clear mascara





is too much for a 12 year old. My mom did not let me do any of that except wear lip gloss at that age, because she knew i was too lazy/irresponsible back then. lols. She's pretty responsible, HECK she gets A+ grades, and does more chores than I do, along with a buncha activities. Since I myself, at 15 years of age, do all of that NOW, i don't know the answer to this question either.





Thanx. =]Is this too much makeup/beauty maintenance for a 12 year old girl?
It's not at all too much compared to what I mostly see at the mall nowadays!


Seriously, I see kids at the age of 10 wearing bright colored eye shadows, and deep red lip stick! It's ridiculous.Is this too much makeup/beauty maintenance for a 12 year old girl?
when i was 12, i used lipgloss and that was about it. i didn't start wearing some eyeshadow and mascara until i was 13. =] she sounds reasonable, but maybe keeping the make-up play as just for fun for now, and then after a while, she could start wearing it to school and stuff. You don't want to grow up TOO fast.
my mom would KILL me lol if i did all of those things at 12 (im 12 yrs old ) but she says lip gloss is fine... no matter how much things she does at the house, she has like 50+ yrs to wear makeup, my mom says that shes gonna pluck my eyebrows when i turn 15! and my daddy would absolutely kill me if i wear makeup, heck, he says that im allowed 2 wear lipstick when im 21! lol. but shes not rly wearing any powders or foundation crap so it seems alright for her...
No, it's fine. Lip gloss and clear mascara is the maximum a 12 year old should wear. Curling eyelashes is fine.





The eyebrows thing is very personal. While some people say it's an ';adult'; thing to do, it sucks when you are young and people tease you for your unibrow, so I say if you need it get it done.
hmm i don't think so IF SHE WANTS TO DO IT AND HER PARENTS ALLOW HER TO DO IT GO AHEAD...ther's no age limit unless she was lik 7 that would be weird..


my eyebrows looked weird when i was 13 and i started doing my eyebrows back then too so it's okay..


clear mascara..what's that?but i guess she can whatever she likes...FOUNDATION IS A BIG NO-NO for her though just in case she wants to use that because then she might ruin hr skin...


curling her eyelashes,tell her to do it with water..it'll be more natural and she wont hurt her eyelashes lik that...just curl it with water and her fingers,...it looks cooler
I think it's fine!! When I was 12, I wore eye shaddow and lip gloss. And I wore less than most the girls my age!! At 13, I wore eye shaddow, eye liner, powder, lip gloss and occasionaly mascara and curling my eyelashes. I think she's wearing just enough for her age!!





Please answer mine!!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
i think it's fine. she's only really wearing clear mascara and lip gloss, and clear mascara doesn't even show up. girls start doing their eyebrows around her age, and i don't even do mine consistently now (im 13). i think its fine, as long as the lip gloss isn't like bright pink or bright red..or blue or something ;).
i woud think that isnt too much makup at the age of 12 because at 12 years old you are becoming a teenager so i think that they should try out some products for late life


also this will attract boys to you as you never know that one day that man could be ur husband and only makup broght you together


x
nah, i dont really think so. she doesnt seem like a person who really wants to grow up fast, and seems very responsible, so i wouldn't worry about that. clear mascara and lip gloss is no big deal. don't think its too much maintenance.
i think that is fine but definately not any more than that. make sure that when she gets her eyebrows done they are not to thin first time round. they should look tidy and natural at her age
whats wrong with pretty much not wearing any makeup and just getting your eyebrows down lol? sounds absolutley reasonable
Sounds perfect for 12. She's not wearing too much, which is the most important part.
i say mascara, lipgloss, blush and ocassional coverup is a good ammount
no thats fine








wait the getting eyebrows done might be too much
that is pretty much wearing no make up at all
thats nothing to worry about all perfectly normal for her age. I wore more than that then.
no! i think that's great! and she isn't even using eyeliner yet so that's gud :]
I don't think that's too much. If make-up makes face your look pretty then go for it! That's my opinion
its good
no that s not too much at all

No comments:

Post a Comment