Monday, April 26, 2010

Do you think that makeup has wharped the world's idea of ';beauty';?

I was just wondering if maybe people we find ';ordinary'; now were actually thought of as beautiful a hundred years ago.





Your thoughts?Do you think that makeup has wharped the world's idea of ';beauty';?
Yeah, so has PhotoshopDo you think that makeup has wharped the world's idea of ';beauty';?
I can say, unequivocally, and absolutely YES;





I am 67 I didn't wear any make up until I was about 60; and then just a light brush of a mineral powder base and blush





My skin has always been flawless; and I have neverhad a blemish in my entire life.





Part of this is genetics, of course; however, a large portion is that my mother refused to allow me to wear makeup; and when I was young I always put lotion on my skin, and tanned beautifully without burning.





I modeled from age 16 to 22 and never wore makeup; my skin glowed, my eyes glowed, ihad a natural blush to my cheeks and women always complimented me on my complexion.





makeup has destroyed the natural beauty of women and some men.
I agree! You what's worse though, is that people are always like ';She looks ugly without makeup or just looks plain without makeup.';





Yeah same with 99% of women on the planet. If you can meet someone who looks gorgeous 100% thats rare maybe even impossible.





Women don't naturally look all dolled up like how they do in movies. Seriously the women in movies look pretty even after waking up or being a serious accident. You know why? Makeup.








EDIT: I agree with the girl above me about photoshop. Girls will post their edited pictures on myspace and get dozens of comments on how beautiful they are when people who put natural pictures get no comments. Let's just show our true selves and not 'photoshop'.
Yes,because with make up you can change anyone's look.And everyone wants to look different than they do,never satified with what is naturally there.I blame hollywood for that.Yes from what we see of historical record most people and races were beautiful.
i actually believe in naturally beauty i mean girls that wear some makeup is ok but heavy makeup is just ... ew and i think if someone from long ago came to today and saw people with makeup on thats noticable they would be like ';ah! something on her face!!!! run away!'; lol
Nope. Everybody's got access to the same stuff, most people wear it, therefore everybody come along in the same way. You don't have to wear make-up to be beautiful though.
They were using makeup as early as 4000BC. Think Cleopatra





It is the media and digital editing that's warped our idea of beauty by creating something that looks real but doesn't actually exist.
Of course! I was just thinking about this the other day. Make-up, hair pieces, hair coloring, etc.
Power to the makeup-free chicks! It's hot...

No comments:

Post a Comment